Outlook Express allows you to add a new email account to your existing profile. This means you do not have to replace your current settings in order to send and receive Rediffmail Pro messages.
Please follow these steps to configure Outlook Express.
Select Leave a copy of messages on Server (optional)
- From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts."
- Select the "Mail" tab.
- Click the "Add" button.
- From the Add menu, click "Mail."
- In the text box labeled Display Name, type your name and click "Next."
- In the Email Address box, type your Rediffmail Pro address. (in bold, type in the entire address email@example.com)
- Select "POP3" to answer the question "My incoming mail server is a..."
- In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server box, type "pop.rediffmailpro.com"
- In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box, type "smtp.rediffmailpro.com"
Kindly Note: When accessing Rediffmail Pro from behind a proxy server, kindly check with systems administrator to make sure that Port 110 and Port 25 are open so you can successfully access your mails in Outlook Express.
- Click "Next."
- In the Account Name box, type your Rediffmail Pro address
- In the Password box, type your Rediffmail Pro Password.
- If you want Outlook Express to remember your password, check the "Remember password" box.
- Do not check the boxes labeled "Log on using Secure..."
- Click "Next."
- Click "Finish."
- Open Outlook Express and click on the 'Tools' option in the main menu.
- Select the 'Accounts' option from this menu.
- Select the account you are using from the message box and click on the 'Properties' button.
- Select the 'Advanced' tab. It is the last tab.
- At the bottom there will be a check box with 'Leave a copy of messages on server'. Click on this option.
- Click on 'Apply' and then on 'OK'.
- Now a copy of your mails will be saved on the server. To undo this option follow the above steps and again click on the 'Leave a copy...' option.
For any further clarifications please write back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Close this window